It is near the end of summer and your refrigerator has been working twice as hard to do its job. This time of year creates extra stress on all refrigeration products. Here is the number one end of the summer tip for repairing your refrigerator and keeping your refrigerator healthy and you happy!Drum roll please…1. Blocked air circulation to the condensing coils and compressor is the number one problem for refrigerators not working sufficiently in the summer.Make sure the vent below the front of the refrigerator is clear and without obstruction. Remove the grill if possible and take a flashlight and look under there. What do you see? Yuck! Now take a vacuum hose and gently vacuum out that debris. You also may find some stuff you been looking for. Then pull your refrigerator out so you can gain access to the back. On the bottom back of the refrigerator there should be a couple of vents. vacuum those also. If proper air circulation is not given to the condensing coils and compressor they overheat and cause symptoms such as:Ice cream kind of soft.Refrigerator runs constantly.The frame around the refrigerator door is hot.You may also want to make sure you feel air coming out those vents that are on the lower back of the refrigerator. If you don’t you may want to check the condenser fan operation. Many times they are just caught on some debris. Take off the back bottom panel and make sure the fan is working. The summer can stress and wreak havoc on these little motors. If the motor is overheated and stiff you will need to replace the motor. If you have any questions or need to schedule a repair please feel free to call Fast and Fair Refrigerator Repair at 724-506-2601. My name is Douglas Robinson and I would like to help you any way I can.
- Mr. Refrigerator Fast Fair Refrigerator Repair
- New Appliance Service Manual added: Maytag, KitchenAid & Whirlpool 27” and 30” Single, Double & Microwave Combination, Convection Wall Ovens Servic...
- New Appliance Service Manual added: BOSCH 2013 Dishwasher Service Manual for the GV640A Platform
- New Appliance Service Manual added: Kenmore Elite Microwave Hood Combination Service Manual
- New Appliance Service Manual added: 2012 Profile and GE French Door Refrigerators
- New Appliance Service Manual added: 2013 GE Cafe French Door Refrigerators with Hot Water Service Manual
- New Appliance Service Manual added: LG LDF8072ST Dishwasher Service Manual
- New Appliance Service Manual added: Kitchenaid KAWS850LQ1 Washer Wiring Diagram
- KFCS22EVMS8 Freezer Door/Drawer does not close completely
- Kenmore washer 796.4044# is dropping dust on floor.
- GE Washer WCSR4170G1WW poor was quality